About Liz Turnbull
LIZ TURNBULL (BA) - CONTEMPORARY ART
With a touch of impressionism and the way these paintings capture the light, Liz Turnbull’s artworks have been compared to Monet and Turner; both of whom have influenced her work. Liz’s paintings explore our landscape, are highly textured and layered creating moody and thought provoking scenes. Liz is fascinated with light, water and how our landscape’s mood can be changed by light alone. Her current seascapes explore the changing drama of our skies with each work bringing to life a unique and individual energy.
Liz creates her paintings using acrylic which is either applied thickly in layers when depicting a dryer ground or fluidly when painting water scenes, both of which have a very distinctive and unique style. www.lizturnbull.net.nz
Shows and Awards:
- Exhibited internationally through Affordable Artfair: Hong Kong, Melbourne and was selected for Sydney and Singapore 2020.
- Top 10 Artist Christchurch Artshow 2018, 2019 and 2020
- People’s Choice Award Christchurch Artshow– Liz’s art piece was voted second place narrowly missing first place by one vote.
- Judged and Selected for Top 10 Artist Auckland Artshow 2020.
- Regular exhibitor: NZ Artshow, Christchurch Artshow and the first Auckland Artshow 2020 (cancelled)
- Art Matakana – Matakana
- 4Artsake – Ohope
- Inspirit Gallery – Tamahere
- The Artist Room – Dunedin
- King and Teppett Interior Design – Palmerston North
- Bread and Butter Gallery – Whitianga (has now closed)
- Kiwi Arthouse - Wellington
Various solo and group exhibitions - 2006-2020